Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What does it mean to me that Barack Obama is our next President? I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion that is why we have the Freedom of speech. I think that either candidate would have a lot of challenges to face in order to get our Country back on track. All we can do now is hope and pray that Barack Obama can do the job. But it has a special meaning to me that doesn't have any political meaning to it.
Now I want you to look at this picture. What this means to me is that my Son, my Hero, and my Guardian Angel NOW can look into the future and if he wants to be President of the United States it is possible because of the American people. That he will not be judged by the color of his skin. He can see that anything is possible for him and his generation to achieve any goal they want. Joshua is amazed at the fact that we have a new President who is the same as him and for that I am truly greatful to the American People who didn't judge Obama for this color of his skin, but looked at what he represented which was change. During Barack Obama's acceptance speech last night I was brought to tears just watching and listening to him and thinking of these children:I love each and everyone of these faces, they mean the world to me. They are our next generation and for their hopes and dreams to have no limits just brings tears to my eyes. I am truly proud to be an American and want to personally thank everyone who has made it possible for my children to have the same hopes and dreams as the next. I think that the country is learning that we are all the same on the inside.

Thank you for reading my thoughts,
Candisse

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Very well said. I completely agree 100%. I think he is, for sure, the best canditdate for the job. I stayed up until 11 pm last night listening to his speach and it was fantastic.

Our future is so much brighter!!

Hey maybe in 20 years.. your son will be the next president!!! :)

Unknown said...

Wow! Yesterday was incredible. We got to celebrate Jasmine's birthday and see a new President elected. When McCain spoke I had a sigh of releif that we didn't have to live the past 8 years over ago and have a fresh new start. When Obama spoke it too brought me to tears and then reading your blog my eyes swelled up with tears at work. I love you and appreciate everything you do and for being there and caring for all those children that you have pictured. A precious and true moment.

The Heugly 8 said...

On a political note, It was kinda like pick you poison. Noone wants the same crap we've dealt with the last 8 years and it's going to be a little scary with all three branches of govt with majority Democrat, Clintons first couple of years were a disaster hopefully Obamas correct Change is what he brings. On a civil note I couldn't agree more. This country has come along way in 45 years. Listening to Obama last night brought a tear to my eye as well. It was so cool to see his whole family up there espicially his two cute little girls. Although I'd hope the American people wouldn't pick race as a motivating factor. But there are a lot of stupid people out there. Good to see it was CHANGE that they voted for. This country sure could use some change right now. I'm with you that hopefully this allows everyone to see anything is possible if you set your mind to it.

Love Justin

Brittany said...

beautiful post cand!

Ryan, Shayndel, & Kids said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue said...

A very heartfelt Post..

Love you Cand

Joe and Marci said...

I agree. While I don't completely agree with his political platform, I think he will be a great leader for this country. We have come a long way, that's for sure!